We are looking for an academic editor/proofreader with a passion for language and academic research to become a managing editor at Academic Language Experts (ALE). The position involves managing translation and editing projects from start to finish, including interface with clients, translators, and editors, and use of a content management system. The managing editor conducts oversight and quality control of translations and edits completed by ALE. The job requires a keen eye for evaluating texts, proofreading, and editing as well as interpersonal and project management skills.
- Maintaining relationships with clients and freelance editors+translators
- Ensuring translations and edits meet requirements and deadlines
- Editing/proofreading texts
- Help editing blogs/promotional content/newsletter
- Project management
- Background and experience in academic translation and editing
- At least 1-year experience translating, editing, proofreading and formatting academic texts
- Strong academic background (Master’s degree or higher desired; translation or editing certificate a plus)
- Native English required, high level of German
- Other languages an advantage
- Aptitude for project management
Location: Virtual (for Israeli applicants, meeting one day per week in Jerusalem once the COVID crisis has passed)
In order to work well as part of ALE’s small and friendly team, a co-operative attitude, well-developed communication skills, self-motivation, and an ability to take responsibility for decisions are required. Last but by no means least, integrity is essential and a sense of humour would be lovely.
If you are interested, please send a CV and a sample of an edited academic text (with tracked changes) to: