Each project is individually reviewed and priced according to the work needed, and to ensure it is ready for publication. Pricing is calculated according to the number of source words in the text you send us. This means that the price we quote at the beginning for the original text is final and won’t change regardless of the length of the final text.
Factors that contribute to the price include:
- Writing complexity
- Complexity and expertise of the subject matter
- Formatting/style sheet requirements
$0.18-0.23 per source word
$0.07-0.10 per source word
15-30% of total project fee
$550-700 (for articles up to 10,000 words)
$85-90 per hour
Standard review & edit: $1100-1250
Advanced review & edit: $1350-1500
Grant writing & development: Starting from $2000
$600 per every 100 pages (minimum $1000)
$25-33 per minute of video
* Please note that the rates above are standard pricing and the final fee will only be determined once we review your text. All projects under $320 will incur a $75 small project processing fee so be sure to collect all of your texts together before sending. Most projects over $320 include an additional charge for revisions and follow-up consultation. You have the option to receive an exemption for this fee by opting out of revisions and follow-up.
Additional fees apply for rush projects, rare language sets, complex materials, handwritten materials, non-editable file types, or primary sources. You can schedule a personal grant or publication consultation here ($75 per consultation).
Turnaround times depend on the length and complexity of the project. We recommend allowing for as much time as possible to ensure there is time for review and revisions, however, we can handle rush and complex projects as well. Our recommended turnaround times for translation and editing work is as follows:
- Up to 500 words per day for translation work
- Up to 750 words per day for editing work
When uploading your project, you will be asked to choose your preferred deadline.
We partner with select universities, colleges, journals, and publishers to help scholars with their research at discounted pricing. If you are interested in exploring the possibility of your university or publisher becoming an ALE preferred partner, please be in touch: email@example.com.
Large professional translation and editing projects can come out a considerable amount of money and require external funding in order to complete. Therefore, we have compiled the most comprehensive list of funding options for translating or editing your manuscript. We also encourage you to read our blog on best practices for finding funds.
New clients are encouraged to try our no-commitment ‘samples’ option. You can upload a short sample and we will have a number of our language experts complete a sample for you, free of charge. You can then choose the translator or editor you prefer to work with based on both price and quality. All of our projects are completed by subject experts and then revised by our managing editors.